- 5 c. uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1-½ lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ( 8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 1 c. reduced fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ c. fat-free sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced and divided
- ⅔ c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
Boil noodles until done; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, brown beef and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Add noodles and stir to combine.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta and sour cream. Stir in half of the green onions.
Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. Place half of the beef mixture in the pan. Top with the ricotta mixture. Top with remaining beef mixture. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.