Varicosities or varicoses i.e. varicose veins are bulging, bluish veins that appear on the surface of the skin on your legs. This happens in the case of veins that are dilated, overfilled with blood and enlarged.
Typically the veins are not painful, there are cases where they are painful, but mostly they are uncomfortable. The precise, exact reason why veins appear is still not known.
However, a significant role in this plays the genetic tendency towards having weak veins.
Who is Prone To Varicose Veins?
A big role in having varicose veins have the hormones, that is why pregnant women are very prone to develop them. What can make the veins bulge is the increased blood volume during your pregnancy.
Why? Well, during your pregnancy you are circulating blood volume that is increased, for your baby and also yourself.
What can also prevent the effective returning of the blood to the heart is if you sit on the top of your thighs with a full uterus. Some varicose veins that appear during pregnancy can flatten in 3 months.
However, with new pregnancies, they can appear again and in cases stay permanently.When it comes to varicose veins, there is good and bad news. The bad news is that there are cases where you cannot avoid the varicose veins.
However, the good news is that you can naturally soothe and prevent this type of veins.
14 Ways How to Heal and Prevent Varicose Veins
1. You can flex the feet up and down. And also, circle the ankles to the right and to the left twice on a daily basis.
2. Remember to wear clothing that is loose.
3. In order to get your blood to circulate, do not forget to exercise.
4. Avoid to have excess weight gain.
5. On your legs put a cool compress that you will before soak in witch hazel. Also, in order to stimulate your circulation add few drops of rosemary oil.
6. To improve your circulation, you can dry-brush your legs on a daily basis.
This is actually helpful in order to prevent the formation of varicose veins. How to do it? You can use a brush that is natural-bristle that has a long handle; this is good because the long handle will actually help you to reach everywhere you need to.
In a circular motion, you can gently brush the legs from your ankles up. Bear in mind to do this before you take a shower.
Because you can then wash off the dead skin that you might brush off. After that, for glowing and soft skin apply some body oil or moisturizer.
Note: Do not brush on areas where you already have varicose veins, because that can lead to irritation.
7. Avoid to stand for long time.
8. On a daily basis, you can raise the legs on a pillow for at least 10 minutes.
9. Avoid to sit for long hours, especially avoid sitting with crossed legs.
10. In order to move stagnant energy and to start the movement of circulation, you can try some reflexology treatments or acupuncture.
11. After your bath, you can put castor oil directly onto your veins. Massage with upward strokes from your feet starting from your feet and straight up to your legs.
12. In order to flush the blood to the heart, you can massage your legs using upward strokes. Make a massage oil for this, in unscented coconut oil put 1 drop of peppermint oil and 3 drops of lavender oil.
Another alternative is to put the mixture of essential oils into a spray bottle that will be filled with water and then spray it directly on the legs.
13. To help with the inflammation of your veins use St. John’s wort oil. It is if your choice whether you are going to buy it or make it yourself. If you choose to make it yourself here is how.
In a mason jar put a few handfuls of dried flowers from the plant.The rest of the jar fill it with olive oil that is cold-pressed and organic.
Remember to leave little space at the top of the jar. Then store the jar in a place that is dry and cool, the oil shall be fresh for 1 month.
14. To strengthen the blood vessels, you can take B-complex vitamins and also vitamin C and to improve your circulation you can take capsules vitamin E and sociable garlic.
Proper Diet To Help with This Type of Veins
- In order to keep the movement of your bowels, drink plenty of water.
- To reduce inflammation and swelling you can consume pineapple.
- The varicose veins become worse if there is a calcium deficiency, that is why you need to consume food that is rich in calcium.
- In order to strengthen the walls of your veins consume berries such as cherries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
- Consume food that is high in fiber.