Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/6th recipe): 244 calories, 4g fat, 40g carbs, 2g fiber, 14g protein
- 3 cups favorite spaghetti sauce with meat (I used marinara sauce)
- 16-17 ounce package gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dried seasonings to taste (I added a few pinches of dried oregano, garlic powder and dried red pepper flakes.)
- 1 cup reduced fat Italian blend shredded cheese (with mozzarella)
- Pinch or two of dried basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. (The skillet goes from stovetop to oven.)
- Add the sauce to an ovenproof skillet and cook over medium heat until it’s warmed through and begins to bubble gently. Stir in the gnocchi, spinach and any dried seasonings you like. (I added a little bit of dried oregano, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.)
- Top with shredded cheese and a sprinkling of dried basil.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese on top is browned, about 30 minutes.