20 pieces asparagus spears, hard ends taken away
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dip the asparagus in the flour then shake off the excess. Dip it next to the egg then the breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper then bake them for 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 5 asparagus fries
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 53 mg
Sodium: 269 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 10 g
SmartPoints value : 5