- 2 lbs. red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2/3 c. fat-free chicken broth
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. sliced green onions
- 8 ( 4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- salt and pepper
- 6 T. flour
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. dried plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- lemon wedges
Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and boil until tender. Drain and mash with broth, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir in green onions.
For chicken, place egg and milk in a shallow dish and whisk until combined.
In another shallow dish, place flour.
In a third shallow dish, place bread crumbs and garlic powder.
Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture, then coat in bread crumb mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add 1 T. oil and swirl to coat. Add four pieces of chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining 1 T. oil and remaining chicken. Let chicken stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with lemon wedges.
adapted from “Cooking Light”