This colorful, crunchy salad would be a great addition to any summer BBQ or picnic. Try it as a topping for fish tacos, too.
- 30 oz canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cup(s) edamame (shelled), cooked, drained, cooled (about 12 oz)
- 10 oz frozen corn kernels, thawed, drained (or fresh corn; about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 average serrano chile(s)(average), seeded, minced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper(s), chopped
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), minced
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, mincedVinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, edamame, corn, peppers, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over bean mixture and toss to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- This salad can be made a day ahead – just refresh with additional lime as needed before serving.