Skip to content
- 2.25 ounce, envelopes active dry yeast
- 1/2 cwarm water (110 degrees f/45 degrees c)
- 1 cpineapple juice
- 1/2 cwater
- 3/4 cwhite sugar
- 1/2 tspground ginger
- 1 tspvanilla extract
- 1/2 cbutter, melted
- 6-7 call-purpose flour or bread flour
How to Make Hawaiian Bread 2 Recipe
- In small bowl dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the yeast mixture, eggs, pineapple juice, 1/2 cup water, sugar ginger, vanilla, and melted butter. Gradually stir in flour until a stiff batter is formed. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and turn it onto a well floured surface. Divide into 3 equal pieces and divide into 8 balls. You should end up with 3 pans of buns.Grease and flour 3 cake pans. cover and let rise again till doubled about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or till bottom are browned. Remove from oven and either spray with cooking spray or butter tops.