Jamaican Banana Bread
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup butter softened
* 2 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana about 3 bananas
* 1/4 cup plain yogurt or pina colada flavored!!
* 3 tablespoons dark rum OR apple cider
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut optional
* Cooking spray
* 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
3. Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, rum, and vanilla; beat until blended.
4. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
5. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut.
6. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
8. Combine powdered sugar and juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over warm bread.
9. Cool completely on wire rack.