- 6 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 tbsp light butter, melted (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter,brown sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, about 40 minutes more.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over potatoes, and put back in oven. Cook until marshmallows melt and begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about ¾ cup
PER SERVING: 215 calories; 2 g fat; 46 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 5 g fiber