Apple pie is truly an All-American dessert. A favorite of many (whether it’s apple season or not) this sweet treat has been a staple of many a childhood, including my own! There is nothing better than warm apple slices, covered in that sweet cinnamon sugar, all wrapped up in a warm, doughy crust…unless, of course, all that deliciousness is stuffed into rich cinnamon rolls instead. We can all agree, THAT’S the only way it could get better. Watch the video below and learn how to take your favorite dessert to the next level.
They went there. Add cinnamon rolls to just about anything and you’ve automatically taken the dessert in question to the next level.
In the best way possible, of course.
APPLE PIE CUPCAKES
– 2 diced granny smith apples
– Brown sugar
– 1 tube cinnamon rolls
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup flour
– 2 tbsp. cubed butter
1. Melt butter in a skillet.
2. Add the diced apples and let them soften.
3. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, add brown sugar, flour, and cubed butter. Mix to make to the cinnamon topping.
5. Open the tube of cinnamon rolls and flatten the rolls into 4 inch rounds.
6. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and place each round into the muffin tin.
7. Add a dollop of the apple mixture into each cinnamon roll crust, topping it off with the cinnamon topping.
8. Bake at 400 F. for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before topping with whipped cream, caramel sauce, or other toppings.