– 1 mini-watermelon
– 1 package red Jell-O (8 serving size)
– 3 packages unflavored gelatin
– 2 cups boiling water
– Chocolate chips
- Cut the watermelon in half. Remove the red fruit, leaving the white rind. Store the red fruit for a snack or future recipe!
- In a medium bowl, stir together the boiling water, Jell-O and gelatin, until dissolved.
- Pour the Jell-O mixture into the watermelon rind. Allow to set and harden for 4 to 6 hours.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit into the watermelon.
- Use a straw to push the chocolate chips down into the slit in the watermelon.
- Slice and serve when ready.
You should store your Jell-O watermelon in the fridge, wrapped or in a sealed container. I especially love that chocolate chips are involved in this treat. What do you think? Is this recipe a fun way to serve Jell-O, or do you prefer your watermelon rind to have actual watermelon in it.